the association for the advancement of cost engineering
North Florida Section
© Copyright 2007-2018 North Florida Section of AACE® International, Inc. All rights reserved.
© 2011 AACE® International, Inc. and its official professional certifications are trademarks of the Association for the
Advancement of Cost Engineering, Inc. All rights reserved.
• Martin (Tokar) Tokarczyk, CCP, CEP is searching for employment in estimating, costing, project controls and management. Certified cost and estimating professional with over 14 years of experience in estimating and project management in construction and energy. Detail-oriented and customer focused with the capacity to identify and resolve issues and impediments to success. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the aptitude to work collaboratively within a team-oriented environment. Professional experience includes Tokar Consulting Inc., Estimator, Consultant, Canada, 2007 - Present. Active member and officer of the Edmonton, Canada AACE Section, but willing to move for the right opportunity. To contact and for resume, e-mail email@example.com.
• NEW Senior Estimator/Roadway Construction, Orlando. FL
-Strong computer skills
Contact: Nadia Duda, Recruitment Consultant, Spencer-Ogden, +1 407 278 2649,
● Moody Engineering, Inc. has an IMMEDIATE NEED for an AACE Certified Cost Estimator in Central Florida
• NEW Hillsborough County in Tampa, Florida is seeking a Project Manager II in Project Control. Salary range $53,435 to $84,822 annually.
Minimum Qualifications: Graduation from an accredited four year degree granting college or university with a major in engineering, architecture or related technical/construction degree; and five years of program/project management experience in project controls and scheduling utilizing Primavera P6 Project Management Software. Or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience that would reasonably be expected to provide the job-related competencies noted below.
-Customer Commitment – Proactively seeks to understand the needs of our customers and provide the highest standards of service.
-Dedication to Professionalism and Integrity - Demonstrates and promotes fair, honest, professional and ethical behaviors that establishes trust throughout the organization and with the public we serve.
-Organizational Excellence - Takes ownership for excellence through one's personal effectiveness and dedication to the continuous improvement of our operations.-Success through Teamwork - Collaborates and builds partnerships through trust and the open exchange of diverse ideas and perspectives to achieve organizational goals.
-Knowledge of project management theory, practices, techniques and tools.
-Ability to effectively coordinate resources and manage these resources for successful project delivery.
-Ability to analyze the risks and future impact of decisions.
-Ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with others within and outside own organization.
-Ability to collect, organize and analyze data and develop logical solutions to improve program performance and project delivery.
-Skill in developing tracking systems to monitor and record work progress on a monthly basis for analysis and historical purposes.
-Knowledge of personal computers using word processing, spreadsheet, database, and various accounting software.
-Ability to develop computer based spreadsheets, graphs, summaries, and reports.
Note: The following duties are illustrative and not exhaustive. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. Depending on assigned area of responsibility, incumbents in the position may perform some or all of the activities described below.
-Manages the development and updating of preliminary and detailed project schedules and budgets utilizing Primavera P6 software for the assigned area of responsibility.
-Coordinates and updates project schedule and expenditure data utilizing Primavera P6 software on a regular basis with County and Consultant Project Managers; performs quality control on existing data, creates reports for supervisory management and other staff on an as needed basis.
-Analyzes project schedule information and provides recommendations for delay mitigation and reporting.
-Reviews and proactively acts on project management, administrative and operational problems.
-Coordinates with other branches/sections within own organization and external agencies/departments, and other project team members to ensure efficient flow of communications and services; interprets, explains and ensures compliance with system requirements and procedures.
-Trains new and existing project managers in Critical Path Scheduling process and ensures that monthly updates and new projects are correctly submitted on time.
-Assess project staffing needs and recommends appropriate staffing to complete project/program objectives.
-Performs other related duties as required.
Work Environment: Office environment.
• Zolon Tech is looking for a Project Controls Scheduler, Lake Mary, Florida.
• Master Scheduler (UPR), Universal Orlando
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Supervise project, scope documents and identification of deliverables.
• Oversee and assist in the development of the appropriate level of detail for work package definition, including durations and logic sequences.
• Establish policy, scheduling procedures and templates to ensure effective support of project needs.
• Oversee coordination and integration of schedule input from all internal and external sources.
• Develop project schedule, modify as necessary and assist staff in specific portfolio requirements.
• Generate and review report progress, evaluate and resolve variances and develop work-around plans.
• Conduct resource loading analysis as required.
• Understand and actively participate in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established UO policy, procedures, training and team member involvement activities.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, construction, or engineering required.
• Knowledge of multiple disciplines, including architecture, engineering and construction management.
• Computer literate with multiple software applications (i.e., Word, Excel, Primavera and MS Project).
• A client company of the Terradin Recruitment Agency is looking for an Estimator in the Orlando. FL area.
The estimator will prepare and/or coordinates preparation of full estimates on conceptual or large work. Provides complete conceptual and final estimating input on CM or complete total bid price for GC work. Deals with owners, A/E’s and contractors to resolve technical and/or value engineering matters during negotiation and contract execution. The ideal estimator should have experience with major commercial buildings and/or large contracts.
-Educational and experience requirements include 4 year construction/engineering degree or equivalent combinations technical/training related experience.
-Six to eight years of estimating, cost control, and/or engineering (at least 4 years estimating experience) in similar facility construction.
-Technical knowledge of various mechanical and electrical systems as well as experience in all structural/architectural disciplines and code and regulatory issues desired.
• A client of Infosoft Inc. Recruiting Agency is looking for a talented and highly motivated Engineering Project Costing/Scheduling Analyst 3. Please send your resume if you would like to pursue this opportunity and you authorize Infosoft to represent you for this position.
Job Title: Engineering Project Costing/Scheduling Analyst 3; Pay Rate: $42 to 50/Hr W-2; Duration: 6 Months; Job Requisitions: JP00036976, JP00032572; Location: Orlando, FL. This position is in Wind Turbine Engineering division, working as both a Scheduler and Cost Forecaster on new Wind Turbine installation projects.
Primavera scheduling skills required: PMP Certification preferred, SAP experience preferred; 60% time spent on cost forecasting for installation and project management cost elements on projects; 40% time spent on creating and maintaining project schedule in Primavera on projects.
Project Schedules that are created, reviewed and/or maintained: Detailed Project Schedule – Contract (P6); Detailed Project Schedule – Target (P6); Look-Ahead Schedule (P6); Summary Schedule (P6); Project Status Meeting Progress Curve (Excel); Load Plan (Excel).
Project Cost Forecasting Involves maintaining or reviewing or completing: SAP Actual Charges; SAP Cumulative Charges; PO Status; Non Conformance Reporting Status; Revision and Close-out; EAC Spreadsheet; Office and Site Man-hours; Project Management, Installation and Commissioning Order Income Calculation Preparation.
Please call Raj Reddy (Rajasekhar) at 408-659-4319 if you need additional information.
Raj Reddy (Rajasekhar), Sr. Recruiter, Infosoft, Inc.
7891 Westwood Dr, Suite 113 | Gilroy | CA 95020
Phone: 408-659-4319 | Fax: 408-413-2201
• USACE Cost Estimator/Scheduler in Tampa, Florida: AECOM is actively seeking a talented USACE Cost Estimator/Scheduler for immediate employment in the Tampa, FL office. Candidate should be able to demonstrate experience, confidence, and desire to work on a wide variety of interesting heavy civil and vertical construction projects primarily for USACE, Aviation, Transportation and DoD clients and offering a wide variety of project types. We support projects throughout Florida, nationally across the US, and overseas from conceptual stage all the way through final bid documents, as well as negotiating change orders and claims. We are proud to provide our employees with exciting work and opportunities for growth.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
· Certified Cost Professional or Planning and Scheduling Professional (AACEI) or Certified Professional Estimator (ASPE) preferred
For questions, contact Patricia Wellington
· Provides construction schedules
· Provides quantity take-off's and construction cost estimates
· Provides group support with others in researching wage / equipment rates, production rates, construction materials, means, and methods
· Provides group support with others in maintaining schedule and cost data and references
· Works independently with project managers and designers to develop project scopes and report on schedules and costs
· Reviews contractor’s baseline and monthly progress schedules
· Prepares construction schedules for marketing and proposal efforts
· Interfaces with project managers and various design disciplines to determine scope
Reviews our work product and provides cost and schedule control
May perform or assist in other cost engineering tasks such as value engineering, life cycle cost analysis, or alternative studies
· Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Engineering or related field
· 4+ years of relevant professional experience, including project site experience working for contractors
· Ability to communicate well and work independently with clients, project managers, and designers to define scope, discuss constructability and track schedule and costs from concept through final design
· Must be familiar with Microsoft Office Excel
· Ability to learn commercial scheduling and cost estimating software
· Ability to develop quantity take-offs, construction schedules and cost estimates based on provided plans
· Must be able to apply knowledge and experience of construction methods and procedures
• Smith Associates. LLC is seeking a Professional Estimator for Remote Work (Can be performed anywhere in the U.S.)
Professional Estimators needed for remote (can be performed anywhere in the US) work. The project scope is demolition of an existing Veterans Administration (VA) medical facility, design of a new medical facility, and construction of a new medical facility – all in the same physical location. Estimates will be developed from early conceptual information initially, and the cost model will be updated at key milestones during the project lifecycle. Experience with medical center projects is a plus, as would be any professional certifications and relevant education with accompanying degree credentials. Work will be performed on a contract basis, part-time as needed. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with an updated resume if interested.
• Program Scheduler, Orlando, FL
Employment Type: Full-time
Job Description: Ardmore is seeking a program scheduler to be based at our client site at the Orlando International Airport.
Job requirements include:
-Maintains program schedule including progress updates, revising forecasts, and evaluating impact of delay.
-Performs detailed review of contractor schedule submittals, including baseline and progress updates.
-Reviews and monitor contractor schedules on a weekly basis. Incorporate progress into
-Communicates status of program schedule and key risk areas to members of program
-Performs schedule analysis critical activities, risk areas, key milestones and significant
changes to schedule.
-Prepares reporting and forecasting as requested by the program management team.
-Performs claims related analysis using contractor claims, delay cost estimates, time impacts, etc.
-Develops what if scenarios to explore alternate sequencing in order to mitigate or avoid
-Performs other tasks related to management of program schedule as required.
-Without preferred degree, 8 years of experience in project controls.
-AACE PSP (Planning & Scheduling Professional) or equivalent.
-Experience working on aviation projects.
The Company: Ardmore Associates is a consulting engineering firm with offices in Florida and Illinois. Specializing in construction management, we tackle our clients’ most challenging work. We apply our people’s expertise and our firm’s experience to all of our work as we understand our clients’ needs to count on honest, seasoned professionals who know what it takes to achieve results.
If you would like to work for a firm that provides a full-benefits package along with career development opportunities, please e-mail a cover letter and resume to: Weston Parker email@example.com and Michael Houston firstname.lastname@example.org.